Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Self Symbol GIF


The Cut
1. My concept behind the GIF that I had created was a rather personal one, rather than something silly or fun. I decided to show the increase of confidence I had gained after cutting off my long hair, which I had hated since I was six. Since I had such long hair I always felt as though I was hiding behind it, I hated my long hair so much that it had in a sense made me hate everything  about myself. It corrupted my self image, but yet after cutting it short for the first time I felt happier as a person (hence why the background and clothing becomes a light yellow, insinuating happiness and joy). I came to the idea of this GIF by thinking of all of the things that have happened in my life, and how I could portray it into something that moved. I wanted to show a form of growth as a person, and what better thing to do than a before and after in the process?

2. Originally, I wanted to create a GIF that involved music, which from previous posts it is known that music has impacted my life to a great extent. But after thinking about it more I decided to go a different way with my concept. My thumbnail posts and post it notes showed a completely different idea, I decided last minute to go with this concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment